Grants & Loans
GENESEE HOME REHAB V
Genesee Home Rehab V
is a grant program that helps owners of single
family homes pay for necessary repairs to the home. The program operates
in the City of Batavia and throughout Genesee County.
TYPE OF ASSISTANCE
AMOUNT OF GRANTS
- The grant will fund up to 60% of the repair costs from HOME funds.
- Maximum grant allowed from HOME funds is $25,000.
- Very low income households may qualify for grants that pay for 100% of
- Total grants maximum is $33,000.
- Payment for eligible repairs
- Inspections and related fees
- Other program eligible costs
ELIGIBLE TYPES OF REPAIRS
- Repair or replacement of major housing systems
- Essential energy related repairs or improvements
- Adaptations to allow use by persons who are disabled or handicapped
- Lead hazard reduction
- Other repairs necessary to meet Housing Quality Standards.
- Cosmetic repairs are not eligible
- Homes must be in the City of Batavia or Genesee County
- GVRPC also administers home repair programs in Livingston County
PROGRAM AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Home owner will receive assistance with:
- Securing the required 35% matching funds
- Inspections of the home to ensure it meets
Housing Quality Standards
- Assistance with bidding and the selection of your contractor
- Inspections of the completed repair work
NYS Housing Trust Fund and, NYS Division of Housing and Community
Source of Grants for Genesee Home Rehab V
USDA Rural Development
29 Liberty Street, Suite 2
Batavia, NY 14020
USDA Rural Development provides loans and grants for qualified home owners whose
incomes are lower than those normally accepted by conventional lenders.
Home owners may choose to work with the
Community Lender of their choice if
bank financing is needed to provide the owner’s 35% match. GVRPC staff will
also work with the owner to locate matching funds.
SOFT SECOND MORTGAGE
- An interest free Note and Mortgage, held by GVRPC, must be signed by the home owner to
secure the amount of the grant for five years.
- There are no payments on the Note and Mortgage if the home owner lives in the
home for five years.
- If the home owner chooses to move out of the house before the five year period
is up the grant must be repaid.
- Under certain circumstance the mortgage may be assumed by a
Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
Minimum standards that address issues of health, safety and basic structural integrity.
A Program Inspector will make an appointment with the home owner to go through the home
and complete an HQS report. This report becomes the basis of the Inspector’s determination
of work needed to allow the home to meet the Housing Quality Standard. The inspector’s write
up becomes the basis for securing bids from local contractors.
Banks located in close proximity to the program area.
Click here for participating
Back To Top
GVRPC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Housing
Funding for this Home Repair Program is made
possible by New York State Housing Trust Fund Corporation, New York State Division
of Housing and Community Renewal and
New York State Affordable